The goal is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to the student housing vertical for the success of our businesses. The IT head for this vertical will provide technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the student housing information technology (IT) program. The IT Head will be the one to devise the IT strategy for student housing vertical and ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place which will include requirement gathering, Vendor Evaluation and end to end implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing strategic plans, identifying Information Technology applications supporting business plans for Student Housing or creating new strategic options, focused on increasing employee productivity and while maintaining practical information security needs
- Responsible for the technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems and staffing, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes.
- Planning and controlling hardware and software acquisitions, and facilities for the Information Technology department to ensure consistency with and support of the Student Housing Verticals business plans
- Directing the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet the unique business needs of student housing vertical.
- Identifying vendors for software and mobile applications required to meet business requirements and work towards end to end implementation
- Develops and monitors the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems.
- Gaining knowledge in systems and hardware developments to ensure incorporation of new developments in future systems
- Ensures that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and at least 10 years of total work experience in all phases of computer operations
Comprehensive knowledge of information systems technology subjects and extensive knowledge of hardware and software with the ability to keep abreast of new technologies.
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist.
- Data processing methods and procedures, and computer software systems
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management
- Business process analysis and redesign
Proven skills in:
- Negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Planning and organizing
- Management and leadership
Demonstrated ability to:
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Plan, implement and support systems in a complex business environment
- Set and manage priorities
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects
- Translate technical language to lay audiences
- Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies
- Proven experience as CIO or similar leadership role in Information Technology.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Apart from the education and experience, he/she must have every quality of a leader and a strong strategic and business acumen.